Saturday, February 27, 2010

Movie Bonanza

What a great day to watch two movies on the same day. I expect I'll be doing a lot more double features this year, seeing as I might have to disect films and analyze it bit by bit.

The Wolf Man brings on the horror, blood and gore as is expected. I don't know about the original Lon Chaney classic, but it is very faithful to the werewolf legend. My only fault is that I imagine these werewolves to appear more lupine just like the ones in Van Helsing. Prisoner of Azkaban shows nothing more than a naked chihuahua. Heck, even the werewolves in New Moon are bigger than your average canis lupus, but they are wolves none the less.

Moving on to The Book of Eli, it has more sentimental feeling with a touch of Resident Evil atmosphere (although I've not seen any of the movies). Maybe it's just the way Denzel Washington walks around carrying that machete. And Gary Oldman brings an edge into his villianous portrayal; I've never seen him do dastardly since Dracula.


Before I turn in, I'm going to add in Death Proof which I just saw on Star Movies. Doesn't kick as much ass as Kill Bill or Inglourious Basterds, but it qualifies the conditions of a QT movie. I'm impressed.

Ok, next month is guaranteed to be a TRIPLE TREAT. Solomon Kane, Alice in Wonderland and Clash of the Titans to appear on my must-watch list. At this rate, I sure hope to beat my previous record of 25 movies in cinemas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment