Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life's All Chocolate...And Cards

A great movie is more than just winning Oscars or having a great storyline - it's one that you can sit and watch re-runs and never, ever get bored. And sayings that you'll remember from time to time.

Forrest Gump is a wonderful example. I sit there watching Tom Hanks mentioning "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." As much as I love the simplicity of such a quote, it would have made a lot of sense back in those days when you had boxes that didn't tell you what kind of chocolates you had. I guess life, or even fate, is a lot of things nowadays. So here's a saying I made up myself:

"Fate can be a bitch. But whatever cards she draws for you, use them to the fullest."

I keep reminiscing about all those lessons from English class too. Everything about fate relating Hamlet to The Outsider to The Waste Land. You can't choose your own fate. Or can you?

"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves." - Sarah Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment