Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The coincidence of rabbits in Misery

"It's not often it happens but someone will make an offer you find hard to refuse. You will enjoy this offer for a while because it happens so rarely but in the end you must decide."

So declares the horoscope for today's Pisceans.

I'm not one to believe in horoscopes (mostly because they don't happen the way you expect them), but today's is perhaps more than just coincidence.

If I had to make a list of bookstores I don't make purchases from, Popular would be one of them. Not because I have anything against the store, but I find bigger varieties and rare choices from MPH and Borders. Plus, I'm a loyal customer. Today, it finds me in that store staring googly-eyed at a copy of Richard Adams's Watership Down. I absolutely love the cover - all green and white in a sort of antique manner. It kills me that I must have that particular edition of that book in my collection, but what if I can't find it in MPH? So much for being a member and collecting rebate points.

Oh, and speaking of that, my MPH rebate voucher came pouring in. RM20 off on the joys of reading!

There's this great classic film called Misery which I caught on Star Movies. Some crazy-ass bitch keeps her favourite author captive and forces him to write for his life. Shudder! I wonder if this must be every author's worst nightmare, apart from writer's block. If so, well done Stephen King! Now, to pursue that book...


2 comments:

  1. I watched Misery with my mother and felt nothing but sympathy for the writer. >_< The movie was unexpectedly intense and Kathy Bates played her role of psycho SUPER well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!!!" That & the hobbing scene really brought out the insanity in Annie!

    ReplyDelete