Thursday, January 21, 2010

Soul's Conflict

Two opposing forces,
two sides of the ocean;
they roar and clash against each other,
neither will back down

A fearsome lion,
a bloodthirsty tiger.
Claws unsheathed, fangs barred;
they battle for dominance.

If you are strong you live
if you are weak you die

That is how it has always been.

And yet here I stand -
the helpless sailor at sea
or the unworthy explorer
unwillingly caught in this crossfire

They're expecting me to pick a side.

Of what significance do I play?
Am I that unworthy than a pawn?

I am not fire nor ice,
neither angel nor demon

whether
Heaven shines angelic blessings
or Hell spits its fiery curses.

Do you think I really give a damn?

For you see,
I am nothing but
I have to be everything for their sakes.

You could at least let me choose
the path of my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment