Monday, September 13, 2010

300? Not Quite, But I'm Already There

My limbs still feel like they're straining from all that weight I've been carrying around with me. Weight that can be measured in books, that is.

It's been my first visit ever to the Popular Book Fair convention, and I must say, the experience is quite the heart attack. Seriously.

I died and went to book heaven in that hour of temporary happiness.

No pictures allowed to be taken, but you really have to be there to experience it for yourself.

So now I'm adding these new books into my collection. It's true that I now have over 300 and counting, but some of them are encyclopedias, or they don't exactly belong to me. Because in my family, I am the keeper of many reads.

Here's what I brought back as a souvenir of my visit:

1 & 2. Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Journey and The Rescue by Kathryn Lasky. Two titles to a follow-up of the first book I read and enjoyed many years ago. With the upcoming Legend of the Guardians movie, I will adhere to my code of "read the book before you watch the movie".

3. The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman. The new paperback has a very cool-looking cover, and it's suppose to tell you about a guy named Cale who might destroy the world. Maybe he will.

4. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. Hardcover which costs me only RM17 instead of 79. Very good praise and blurbs for a story of mystery and love from many different countries. Has a storyteller's point of view too.

5. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Taken from the synopsis: "I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the ministrels weep. You may have heard of me." Isn't that enough to make you want to read it?

6. The Shining by Stephen King. Ah yes, another of the King of horror writers' works falls into my hands. Which brings my S.K collection up to 12.

To me, I say: Happy Reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment